1. Fungal taxonomy and resource on the basis of phylogenetic and morphological analyses;
2. Microbial molecular ecology and macroecology using metabarcoding, meta-genomics/transcriptomics/bolomics approaches, as well as high-throughput culturing;
3. The ecological functions performed by fungal communities in various marine environments including coastal and deep-sea ecosystems, which can be hijacked and used for biotechnological applications
Dr. Gaëtan Burgaud
Université de Brest (France)
Dr. WANG Mengmeng 王蒙蒙
3 projects of General Program of National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC)
1 project of Young Scientists Fund Program of National Natural Science Foundation (NSFC)
1 special project of basic resources investigation of Ministry of Science and Technology (participant)
1 project funded by the French National Research Agency (ANR)
1 project funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF, USA)
Representative Publications and Achievements
Representative Publications (*corresponding author)
1. Wang MM, MA YY, Cai L, Tedersoo L, Bahram M, Burgaud G, Long XD, Zhang SM, Li W*. (2021). Seasonal dynamics of mycoplankton in the Yellow Sea reflect the combined effect of riverine inputs and hydrographic conditions. Molecular Ecology, doi:10.1111/mec.15986.
2. Burgaud G, Edgcomb VP, Hassett BT, Kumar A, Li W, Mara P, Peng X, Philippe A, Phule P, Prado S, Quéméner M, Roullier C. (2021). Marine fungi. In The Marine Microbiome vol. 2. Springer, in press.
3. Polme S, Abarenkov K, Nilsson RH, …Li W, …Koljalg U, Tedersoo L. (2020). FungalTraits: a user-friendly traits database of fungi and fungus-like stramenopiles. Fungal Diversity, 105:1-16.doi:10.1007/s13225-020-00466-2.
4. Li J, Mara P, Schubotz F, Sylvan JB, Burgaud G, Klein F, Beaudoin D, Wee SY, Dick HJB, Lott S, Cox R, meyer E, Quéméner M, Blackman DK, Edgcomb VP. (2020). Recycling and metabolic flexibility dictate life in the lower oceanic crust. Nature, 579(7798), 250-255.
5. Quemener M*, Mara P, Schubotz F, Beaudoin D, Li W, Pachiadaki M, Sehein TR, Sylvan JB, Li JT, Barbier G, Edcomb V, Burgaud G*. (2020). Meta-omics highlights the diversity, activity and adaptation of fungi in deep oceanic crust. Environmental Microbiology, 22(9):3950-3967.
6. Huang RH, Lin W, Zhang P, Liu JY, Wang D, Li YQ, Wang XQ, Zhang CS, Li W*, Zhao DL*. (2020). Anti-phytopathogenic bacterial metabolites from the seaweed-derived fungus Aspergillus sp. D40. Frontiers in Marine Science, doi:10.3389/fmars.2020.00313.
7. Wang MM, Ma YY, Feng CH, Cai L, Li W*. (2020). Diversity of pelagic and benthic bacterial assemblages in the Western Pacific Ocean. Frontiers in Microbiology, doi:10.3389/fmicb.2020.01730.
8. Amend A, Burgaud G, Cunliffe M, Edgcomb VP, Ettinger CL, Gutiérrez MH, ... & Kagami M. (2019). Fungi in the marine environment: open questions and unsolved problems. MBio, 10(2), e01189-18.
9. Li W, MM Wang, G Burgaud, HM Yu & L Cai*. (2019) Fungal community composition and potential depth-related driving factors impacting distribution pattern and trophic modes from epi- to abyssopelagic zones of the Western Pacific Ocean. Microbial Ecology, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00248-019-01374-y.
10. Li W*, Wang MM, Pan HQ, Burgaud G, Liang SK, Guo JJ, … Cai L*. (2018). Highlighting patterns of fungal diversity and composition shaped by ocean current using the East China Sea as a model. Molecular Ecology, doi:10.111/mec.14440.
11. Li ZX, XF Wang, GW Ren, XL Yuan, N Deng, GX Ji, W Li*, P Zhang*. (2018) Prenylated diphenyl ethers from the marine algal-derived endophytic fungus Aspergillus tennesseensis. Molecules, doi: 10.3390/molecules23092368.
12. Wang MM, Shenoy BM, Li W*, Cai L*. (2017) Molecular phylogen of Neodevriesia, with two new species and several new combinations. Mycologia, doi: 10.1080/00275514.2017.1415075.
13. Li W*, MM Wang, XiM Bian, JJ Guo, L Cai*. (2016). A high-level fungal diversity in the intertidal sediment of Chinese seas presents the spatial variation of community composition. Frontiers in Microbiology, 7(5995):2098. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2016.02098.
14. Li W*, MM Wang, XG Wang, XL Cheng, JJ Guo, XM Bian & L Cai*. (2016). Fungal communities in sediments of subtropical Chinese seas as estimated by DNA metabarcoding. Scientific Reports, 6, 26528. doi: 10.1038/srep26528.
15. Cheng XL, Li W*, Cai L*. (2015) Molecular phylogeny of Ascotricha, including two new marine algae-associated species, Mycologia, 107:490-504.
1. Li Wei, Shan Xiu-Juan, Cheng Xiao-Li, 2014. A new slide-making method for morphological observation of anamorphic fungi (ZL 201210001981.2 ) (in Chinese)
2. Li Wei, Tang Xue-Xi, Sun Kai-Ming, Yu Zi-Shan, 2010. Sterilized collection method for sea deposit sample (ZL 200810138928.0 ) (in Chinese)
3. Li Wei, Tang Xue-Xi, Sun Kai-Ming, 2010. Long-term store method for a large number of marine fungi (ZL 200810138927.6) (in Chinese)