WANG Min 汪岷
Deputy Dean of College of Marine Life Sciences, Ocean University of China
Director of UMT-OUC Joint Academic Centre for Marine Studies
Secretary-General of CMU, China-Norway Marine University Consortium Alliance
Tel: +86 532 82031859
Add.: Ocean University of China, Yushan Campus, Chemical Building, 5 Yushan Road, 266003, Qingdao, P.R.C.
1. Ecological study of viral and microbial community in China Marginal Seas and in pelagic environment including Mariana Trench, Antarctic and Arctic
2. Diversity of marine viruses and omics information database construction
3. The interaction between marine viruses and red-tide
1987-1992: B.S. Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Qingdao University
1992-1995: M.S. Medicine, Department of Microbiology, Medical college of Qingdao University
1995-1998: Ph.D. Agriculture, Department of Biotechnology, College of Marine Life Sciences, Ocean University of China
2011.1-present: Professor, College of Marine Life Sciences, Institute of Evolotion and Marine Biodiversity, Ocean University of China
2001.12-2011.1: Associate Professor, Colleage of Marine Life Sciences, Ocean University of China
1998.7-2001.12: Lecturer, Colleage of Marine Life Sciences, Ocean University of China
2006.1-2006.5: Senior Visiting Scholar in the University of Illinois, America
2016.07-2016.12:Senior Visiting Scholar in University of British Columbia (cooperating with Dr. Curtis Suttle)
1. Wang, ZiYue; Zhang, Fang ; Liang, Yantao*; Zheng, Kaiyang; Gu, Chengxiang ; Zhang, Wenjing; Liu, Yundan; Zhang, Xinrang; Shao,Hongbing; Jiang, Yong; Guo, Cui; He, Hui; Wang, Hualong; Sung , Yeong Yik; Mok , Wen Jye; Wong, Li; He, Jianfeng; McMinn, Andrew; Wang, Min*. Genome and ecology of a novel Alteromonas podovirus ZP6, representing a new viral genus, Mareflavirus. Microbiology Spectrum, 2021. (accepted, IF=7.17)
2. Liu, Yundan; Zheng, Kaiyang; Liu, Baohong; Liang, Yantao*; You, Siyuan; Zhang, Wenjing; Zhang, Xinran; Jie, Yaqi; Shao, Hongbin; Jiang, Yong; Guo, Cu; He, Hui; Wang, Hualong; Sung, Yeong Yik; Mok, Wen Jye; Wong, Li Lian; McMinn, Andrew; Wang, Min*. Characterization and genomic analysis of Marinobacter phage vB_MalS-PS3, representing a new Lambda-Like temperate Siphoviral genus Infecting algae-associated bacteria. Frontiers in Microbiology, 2021. (accepted, IF=5.640)
3. Gao, Chen; Xia, Jun; Zhou, Xinhao; Liang, Yantao*; Jiang, Yong; Wang, Meiwen; Shao, Hongbing; Shi, Xiaochong; Guo, Cui; He, Hui; Wang, Hualong; He,Jianfeng; Hu, Denghui; Wang, Xiaoyu; Zhao, Jinping, Zhang, Yu-zhong; Sung, Yeong Yik; Mok, Wen Jye; Wong, Lilian; McMinn, Andrew; Suttle, Curtis A; Wang, Min*. Viral characteristics of the warm Atlantic and cold Arctic water masses in the Nordic Seas. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 2021. (accepted, IF=4.792)
4. Zhang, Wenjing; Zheng, Kaiyang; Gu, Chengxiang; Liu, Yundan; Wang, Ziyue; Zhang, Xinran; Shao, Hongbing; Jiang, Yong; Guo, Cui; He, Hui; Wang, Hualong; Sung , Yeong Yik; Mok , Wen Jye; Zhang,Yuzhong; McMinn, Andrew; Liang, Yantao*; Wang, Min*. Characterization and genomic analysis of the first Oceanpospirillum phage, vB_OliS_GJ44, representing a novel siphoviral cluster. BMC Genomics, 2021.(accepted, IF=3.97)
5. Tang, Bai-Lu ; Yang, Jie ; Chen, Xiu-Lan ; Wang, Peng ; Zhao, Hui-Lin ; Su, Hai-Nan ; Li, Chun-Yang ; Yu, Yang ; Zhong, Shuai ; Wang, Lei ; Lidbury, Ian ; Ding, Haitao ; Wang, Min ; McMinn, Andrew ; Zhang, Xi-Ying ; Chen, Yin ; Zhang, Yu-Zhong *.A predator-prey interaction between a marine Pseudoalteromonas sp. and Gram-positive bacteria. Nature Communications, 2020, 11: 285. (IF=11.88)
6. Zhang, Weipeng ; Cao, Shunan ; Ding, Wei ; Wang, Meng ; Fan, Shen ; Yang, Bo ; Mcminn, Andrew ; Wang, Min ; Xie, Bin-bin ; Qin, Qi-Long ; Chen, Xiu-Lan ; He, Jianfeng ; Zhang, Yu-Zhong*. Structure and function of the Arctic and Antarctic marine microbiota as revealed by metagenomics. Microbiome, 2020, 8. (IF=11.607)
7. Yu, Yang ; Yang, Jie ; Zheng, Li-Yuan ; Sheng, Qi ; Li, Chun-Yang ; Wang, Min ; Zhang, Xi-Ying ; McMinn, Andrew ; Zhang, Yu-Zhong ; Song, Xiao-Yan* ; Chen, Xiu-Lan*. Diversity of D-Amino Acid Utilizing Bacteria From Kongsfjorden, Arctic and the Metabolic Pathways for Seven D-Amino Acids. Frontiers in Microbiology, 2020, 10. (IF=4.235)
8. Wang, Meiwen#;Gao, Chen#; Jiang, Tong; You, Siyuan; Jiang, Yong; Guo, Cui; He, Hui ; Liu, Yundan; Zhang, Xinran; Shao, Hongbing*; Liu, Hongbin; Liang, Yantao*; Wang, Min; McMinn, Andrew . Genomic analysis of Synechococcus phage S-B43 and its adaption to the coastal environment. Virus Research, 2020, 289:198155.
9. Jiang, Tong ; Guo, Cui* ; Wang, Min; Wang, Meiwen ; You, Siyuan ; Liu, Yundan ; Zhang, Xinran ; Liu, Hongbin ; Jiang, Yong ; Shao, Hongbing ; Liang, Yantao ; McMinn, Andrew. Isolation and complete genome sequence of a novel cyanophage, S-B05, infecting an estuarine Synechococcus strain: insights into environmental adaptation. Archives of Virology, 2020, 165(24). (IF=2.243)
10. Yang Q, Gao C, Jiang Y*, Wang M*, Zhou X, Shao H, Gong Z, McMinn A. Metagenomic Characterization of the Viral Community of the South Scotia Ridge. Viruses-Basel, 2019, 11(2): 95. (IF=3.82)
11. Liu Q, Jiang Y*, Wang Q, Wang M*, McMinn A, Zhao Q, Xue C, Wang X, Dong J, Yu Y, Han Y, Zhao J. 2019. Using picoeukaryote communities to indicate the spatial heterogeneity of the Nordic Seas. Ecological Indicators, 107:105582. (IF=4.30)
12. Gong Z, Liang Y, Wang M*, Jiang Y, Yang Q, Xia J, Zhou X, You S, Gao C, Wang J, He J, Shao H and McMinn A. 2018. Viral Diversity and Its Relationship With Environmental Factors at the Surface and Deep Sea of Prydz Bay, Antarctica. Frontiers in Microbiology, 9: 2981. (IF=4.26)
13. Xu Z, Wang M*, Wu W, Li Y, Liu Q, Han Y, Jiang Y, Shao H, McMinn A, Liu H. 2018. Vertical distributions of microbial eukaryotes from surface to the hadal zone of the Mariana Trench. Frontiers in Microbiology, 9: 2023. (IF=4.26)
2022-2026: Promoter for theNational Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) project “Roles of viruses in Antarctica ice edge blooms in response to climate change-induced multi stressors” (No.42120104006). 2.7 million RMB
2020-2023: Promoter for theNational Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) project “Ecological characteristics of the virioplankton and their relationships with the main host cells in the Prydz Bay, Antarctica” (No. 41976117). 0.7 million RMB Yuan.
2018-2020: Promoter for Basic research project of Marine drug source biology for The major Scientific and Technological Innovation project in Shandong (2018SDKJ0406) “Genetic diversity and ecological function of Marine viruses”. 0.6 million RMB yuan.
2013-2018: Take part in the project supported byState Oceanic Administration People's republic of China air-sea interface “ Global change and Air-Sea interface”. 4 million RMB yuan.
2017-2019: Take part in The Scientific and Technological Innovation Project Financially Supported by Qingdao National Laboratory for Marine Science and Technology (No.2016ASKJ14). 1 million RMB yuan.
2013-2017: Take part in the project supported by the sciences and technology Ministry (973 Program) “The typical hydrothermal activity and mineralization mechanism in back arc basin” (No. 2013CB429704). 1.2 million RMB yuan.
2012-2017: One of the promoters of the project supported by the Special Foundation from Chinese Arctic and Antarctic Administration “Marine biodiversity in the surrounding waters of Antarctic and investigation of ecological environment” (No. CHINARE-2012-01-05 till 2017-01-05). 0.6 million RMB Yuan.
2011-2013: Promoter for theNational Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) project “Diversity of Virioplankton in the Northern Yellow Sea and it’s relationship with the host and environmental factors” (No. 41076088). 0.5 million RMB Yuan.